In which Representative Ed Markey (D-MA) is fucking awesome (via):
Mr. Chairman, I rise in opposition to a bill that overturns the scientific finding that pollution is harming our people and our planet.
However, I won’t physically rise, because I’m worried that Republicans will overturn the law of gravity, sending us floating about the room.
I won’t call for the sunlight of additional hearings, for fear that Republicans might excommunicate the finding that the Earth revolves around the sun.
Instead, I’ll embody Newton’s third law of motion and be an equal and opposing force against this attack on science and on laws that will reduce America’s importation of foreign oil.
This bill will live in the House while simultaneously being dead in the Senate. It will be a legislative Schrodinger’s cat killed by the quantum mechanics of the legislative process!
Arbitrary rejection of scientific fact will not cause us to rise from our seats today. But with this bill, pollution levels will rise. Oil imports will rise. Temperatures will rise.
And with that, I yield back the balance of my time. That is, unless a rejection of Einstein’s Special Theory of Relativity is somewhere in the chair’s amendment pile.
“The bill will be a legislative Schrodinger’s cat, killed by the quantum mechanics of the legislative process.”
That’s the kind of bad-ass speech I plan to give after I’m elected to Congress. Me and this guy are going to start the House Committee on Legitimizing Actual Science and Facts.
- zeldv likes this
- lychen-laut reblogged this from motherjones
- notyetwatched reblogged this from capesandspace
- littaxlitta reblogged this from motherjones
- convergentprofundity reblogged this from idontwanttoliveonthisplanet
- rainingfoodcoloring likes this
- willthethird reblogged this from chonklatime and added:
- elva7 reblogged this from goaskalice
- topturn reblogged this from feferi
- awanderingwonderer reblogged this from roflstoffle
- nivair reblogged this from mymindpalace11 and added:
- nivair likes this
- anklegators reblogged this from martins-brolly
- martart likes this
- amymh reblogged this from motherjones
- martins-brolly reblogged this from mohandasgandhi
- everydayrandomthoughtz reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- debbbb likes this
- rothieee reblogged this from infinite-fetch and added:
- rothieee likes this
- i-am-a-direwolf reblogged this from infinite-fetch
- infinite-fetch reblogged this from rantingnraging and added:
- permanentlyblue77 likes this
- timekiller-s likes this
- rantingnraging reblogged this from drinkthe-koolaid
- carldot likes this
- ravenclaws-wit reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- sauteedsuns reblogged this from robbycunha
- wishonwyatt likes this
- doctor-reis reblogged this from loganlicious
- loganlicious reblogged this from outfoxthefox and added:
- outfoxthefox reblogged this from stfuconservatives and added:
- stranded-in-motionarchive reblogged this from humanprozac
- jjarichardson reblogged this from motherjones
- animehrmine reblogged this from seph-on-an-irrational-planet
- humanprozac reblogged this from mohandasgandhi
- instantdose likes this
- twoforonedeal likes this
- shrikestrike likes this
- gbreaux likes this
- downlo posted this