This country is
retardedrun by huge corporations and racists.
I’m not endorsing the use of the word ‘retarded’ for any reason, but this is indeed a logical fallacy.
Fixed the original comment.
See, in 1935 they came out with a machine called a decorticator. This machine made producing products from hemp easy and cost effective. This was going to revolutionize the production of hemp related products. Popular science called Hemp the new billion dollar product right on the cover. So William Randolph Hurst, who owned a paper mill, started printing news papers calling the plant everyone knew as hemp marijuana, a type of Mexican wild tobacco that is not a cannabis that no one had heard of, and completely bashing the drug saying “blacks and mexicans are smoking marijuana and raping white women”. Congress made marijuana illegal not even realizing they were making Hemp illegal.
But it was made illegal. Oil and Logging companies joined together and put out a lot of propaganda on “Marijuana” claiming it was a “new type of cigarette from Mexico” that made people crazy, psychotic, insane, violent, lazy and sexually immoral. They claimed, “It will make a black man look at a white woman twice” and “It will make white women sleep with black men.” Specifically Dupont who had just, in 1937, patented a new technique in refining coal and oil to make plastics, and William Randolph Hurst who produced almost all paper products in america. Both companies stood to lose billions of dollars. Andrew Mellon became Hoover’s Secretary of the Treasury. He was Dupont’s primary investor. His future Nephew in law was Harry J. Anslinger. Andrew Mellon appointed him to oversea the newly created Federal bureau of Narcotics.
The rest is history.
^ It is one of the biggest stories of resource draining, nonsensical laws and scare propaganda. Who knows what hemp would have been capable of given nearly a century of research and development :|
This story is 100% true. William Randolph Hearst was basically single-handedly responsible for outlawing marijuana to avoid competition to his paper mill.
- badboyxx95 reblogged this from smokestaax
- beccabat21 reblogged this from skywartooth
- stay-livid reblogged this from jariuana
- number1dad likes this
- oranges8hands likes this
- jamiearoundtheworld reblogged this from trippyizlo
- jamiearoundtheworld likes this
- the-lone-wolf-howls likes this
- bobthegenericuser likes this
- briansaho reblogged this from lydolem
- lydolem reblogged this from smdy
- smdy reblogged this from senticolis
- mybluntmind reblogged this from bongshred
- ofhousesandwolves likes this
- lickmahtea reblogged this from str4uberry
- missbritster likes this
- bongshred reblogged this from aquiveopium
- faizebeleth reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- endorphin-stitches likes this
- candyshroom likes this
- lyriael reblogged this from thenarglewrites
- arepasfritasconqueso likes this
- empowerindigo likes this
- royal-jay likes this
- munchingcolours reblogged this from schala
- youarerelevant likes this
- shitlesssherlock likes this
- haveyouevercriedwolf likes this
- froth likes this
- aknightintarnishedarmour reblogged this from schala
- aknightintarnishedarmour likes this
- isomer reblogged this from schala
- katsuricata likes this
- schala reblogged this from fatespectrum
- thebayouprincess reblogged this from vkvsamv
- artisticgreendragon reblogged this from lascocks
- 112112ks reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- chitinoustouch reblogged this from zebeck
- andnonefornonsensebye reblogged this from pixyled
- garyganu reblogged this from neddadden
- coypond likes this
- roocharffer likes this
- frotu reblogged this from earhats
- jazzissorad reblogged this from mmderrrp
- maybemayme reblogged this from may-i-have-some-moar
- lackofa likes this
- amethystraven likes this
- kimosabe reblogged this from intellectualhoodrat and added:
- the-road-to-el-homo reblogged this from superwriterbeach