A reader says:
After seeing all the amazing things you can do, I thought it wouldn’t be a bad idea to come to you with this situation and see what solution you and your followers may be able to come up with. I’ll try to keep it short.
Basically, my future sister-in-law (15) has been kicked out of the house along with her four month old baby. She was living with the baby daddy’s parents, but the baby daddy got kicked out of the house (and she and the baby along with him). She is essentially homeless, has no job, and her family will not help. Her mother is unemployed and lives in a God-awful trailer with eight people (one who is a sex offender, one fresh out of jail, and another in and out of rehab constantly.) The mother smokes, is verbally abusive, and tells her daughter that the only way she is allowed to live in the already over-populated trailer is to pay rent (again, no job— she is hardly 15). While the baby daddy is able to live with his dad and his dad’s fiancee, the mother has essentially no options and the baby with her (the dad’s dad won’t let the baby live there).
We live in Tennessee and I was wondering if you or your followers know of any resources she could use to get help with things like housing, food for herself (she has some kind of food card for the baby already), and other basic essentials for herself and her child. She moves around from home to home of some great friends, currently, mine being one. I would let her live with me if I could, but sadly, this is not my house and not my decision. Any advice would be greatly appreciated by her and her son.
Not sure I will ever understand throwing out these two precious children. I’d like all the pro-lifer to take a long, hard look at this story.
If anyone knows of any resources that could help this young woman, please let me know.
I would like to issue a personal challenge to every pro-lifer on Tumblr: what are YOU going to do to help this girl? She chose to keep her pregnancy, and now she’s homeless with a 4-month-old. Are you going to write to your representatives and ask for more tax dollars to go to homeless and poor people, to pay for healthcare, food and housing? Are you going to raise money for her? Or is life only precious and sacred and worthy of saving when it’s inside of a uterus?
I’m going to start a ChipIn for her (I’m in touch with the reader to find out what a good amount would be to get her on her feet). Pro-lifers, this is your challenge: raise more money than me. Rabble your followers and out-earn me. Prove that your side is generous and compassionate to young women who have made what you think is the “right” choice. Prove you care about babies after they’re born, and when they’re having babies of their own.
I eagerly await your response.
Still haven’t heard from any pro-lifers who want to help her out. HOWEVER, many of you sent me resources, which I passed along to Hannah (the OP). Here’s the update she sent me:
“She is having trouble with her Mom- get this, she’s telling Maggie that if she’s not at home whenever she calls during the day at random, she is going to report her as a runaway. So she is going to try to get emancipated. We looked into housing and the rent is 30% of her income- but she is not eligible until she is 16 and emancipated. She is going to move in with a family of in a 5 bedroom house with a family of four (not including herself and Brayden) in about three weeks so she can try to save up as much as possible before then. She is expected to pay about $300 a month in bills. She thinks her month will cost her about 500 dollars and she is looking for babysitting jobs until she turns next year.”
SO. I created a ChipIn for $500, to cover one month of expenses for her. Ultimately I’d like it if we could raise three months of expenses so she can have a place to live, but I figured we’d start small. Please, please help out if you can. Oh, and Hannah sent me a bunch more pics of Maggie & Brayden, which I’ll post next.
- andnonefornonsensebye reblogged this from pixyled
- viscerally-vexed reblogged this from nextyearsgirl
- bitterseafigtree reblogged this from aka14kgold
- jaaaaded likes this
- ro-s-aspa-rks likes this
- aka14kgold reblogged this from alexandraerin
- popelizbet reblogged this from alexandraerin
- ddlen7 likes this
- zionangel likes this
- a-rionnagaibh reblogged this from stfuconservatives and added:
- theunbreakableflower reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- hemingwaylovesfitzy reblogged this from serpiggy
- carboxylgroup reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- the-abcs-of-life reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- suchsmallhands reblogged this from thenewwomensmovement and added:
- tylerhoechlions reblogged this from femmestiles
- celestial-awkwardness reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- digipikachux reblogged this from chaotic-awesome
- mumcyne likes this
- hopscotchthought likes this
- huehuehuehuehuecoyotl reblogged this from shslkanyewest
- shslkanyewest reblogged this from britishmindslave
- dimensionalcucumber reblogged this from razerathane
- elizabitchez reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- fntsycrystal reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- razerathane reblogged this from vicious-violet
- lekgolo reblogged this from darkthoughtsbrightdays
- lekgolo likes this
- mr---comatose reblogged this from vicious-violet
- panicinparking likes this
- digipikachux likes this
- britishmindslave reblogged this from vicious-violet
- chaotic-awesome reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- polymethodic reblogged this from ajora
- darkthoughtsbrightdays likes this
- darkthoughtsbrightdays reblogged this from doubtful-seer
- ajora reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- ajora likes this
- doubtful-seer reblogged this from stfuconservatives and added:
- little-wayward-angel reblogged this from serpiggy
- sarahhhlilly reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- serpiggy reblogged this from kingofthorki
- cool-bro-fili reblogged this from xenomorphcircus
- amberfoxfire likes this
- doorthee likes this
- lemusicalpaws reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- space-kase likes this
- scrapparchment likes this
- iwouldntmindit- likes this