(tw for mention of rape, general misogyny)
These are responses to an article about a campaign to prevent rape and sexual harassment on college campuses.
I feel like there’s a need to break stuff down, not for these douchebags, but more like a rant for my own future reference.
“Y U TALKING ABOUT PREVENTING RAPE, PREVENTING FALSE RAPE ACCUSATIONS IS WAY MORE IMPORTANT AND WOMEN GET FREE DRINKS AT BARS AND CAN FUCK ANYONE AND NEVER GET FRIENDZONED AND MEN ARE RAPED TOO AND I WANT MY MOMMY”
no, Mike Hunter, alleged rapists are not zealously prosecuted by law enforcement. Actually the scenario looks a bit more like this:
And here’s the thing about the “False rape accusations” that you care about so much (and why wouldn’t you, it’s the only part of this lame feminist bullshit that applies directly to you). Do you know what’s the feminist stance on false rape accusations? Do you know what is the women’s stance on false rape accusations? We fucking hate them.
Yeah, we hate them. Because being falsely accused of raping someone, like false accusations of stealing, murdering or molesting, can destroy a person’s reputation. And they are usually done with the purpose of destroying someone’s reputation and/or get money. And also, false accusations of rape are one of the things that make it so much harder for women who were actually raped to get justice, and more importantly, to put these rapists in jail, where they can’t rape any more innocent people.
Meanwhile, a lot of people get the death penalty for things that they didn’t do, and I don’t see you getting all worked up about that.
What’s wrong with the process of accusing people of rape, rape trials and whatnot is how they’re conducted. When a woman is raped, they ask what she was wearing, how she was dancing, if she was drinking. The victim is attacked as much as the alleged rapist is, some times even more. And the victim is also attacked by her peers, whom many times are quick to judge her as an attention seeking whore. Mix that with the rape and post traumatic disorder and you have a real life ruiner right there.
What people judge in rape trials: If the woman actually wanted to have sex and is just a lying slut - usually confirmed by the fact that she has many sexual partners, drinks, has fun, dresses provocatively.
What people should be judging in rape trials: The rapist’s past sexual conduct, and general attitude towards women. Showing signs of misogyny, past accusations, past relationships, his character. And the victim’s past in LYING.
Because if a woman had many sexual partners before accusing this man of raping her, this should not make her case weaker. If anything, it should make her case stronger, because duh, look at how many men she had consensual sex with, and never tried accusing them of anything.
Another interesting point that clueless people usually add to conversations, is the fact that women get free drinks in bars, often get in for free in places that charge entrance for men, and, as a friend dearly pointed out to me: “If you stand up at this bar right now and say - who wants to fuck me? - i bet at least 10 guys would raise their hands”.
But here’s the thing. From a privileged white male perspective, getting free drinks and being able to have sex whenever you want are just the cherry on the top of your beautiful cake. It would be literally the last thing you’ll need to make your life perfect. And to women, it makes for a shitty consolation prize for being born and raised as a second class citizen, and it actually increases her chances of getting sexually assaulted or raped. Oh and by the way, the “free drinks” and “10 men raising hands” only count for women who are considered suitably fuckable by strange men and bartenders. You may guess that this is not exactly a fair game for women who don’t resemble the current beauty standard.
And men are raped, too. And their rapes are even less reported, because men feel so much shame in admitting that they suffered this, when they’re supposed to be raised to be strong and invincible. And the fact that men don’t get the same paternity leave as a mother does is unfair. And the fact that children almost automatically are in custody of the mother in cases of divorce is also unfair as fuck. Guess what’s the cause of all of these 3 things being an issue? Your dear patriarchy. The same one that grants you the respect and rights that are denied to women. Because that’s what defines gender roles that make men so afraid to report their rapes and sexual assaults. That’s what defines that the moms are the ones who should care for children and kick you out of your child’s life.
So guess what? We’re on the same side. And if you could only stop whining, you’d realize that.
- shibbeh likes this
- thelittlebirdthatkeptsomanywarm likes this
- along-the-briny-beach likes this
- imjustyourproblemm likes this
- fandomonfire likes this
- lonerebellion likes this
- malrora likes this
- herlittleladyship likes this
- pucchin likes this
- minkimouse reblogged this from albinwonderland
- ninjapixy likes this
- sonicy0uth likes this
- madmaud reblogged this from its-a-great-day
- testchamber19 likes this
- its-a-great-day reblogged this from bettycrockerofficial
- bettycrockerofficial reblogged this from xiav
- xiav reblogged this from albinwonderland
- xiav likes this
- airpainter likes this
- mumblymellifluous reblogged this from albinwonderland
- flowersgrave reblogged this from albinwonderland
- holybikinisbatman reblogged this from albinwonderland
- stubblesmccripplepants reblogged this from mikkiraestarkid and added:
- mikkiraestarkid reblogged this from fruitflyxo
- fruitflyxo reblogged this from gettingbetterfaster
- loganhasseenthelight reblogged this from gettingbetterfaster
- loganhasseenthelight likes this
- gettingbetterfaster reblogged this from azraeldoesnotdispute
- gothbrittanyspears likes this
- myopinionswerelikekittens likes this
- photodynamic-beats reblogged this from thegentlesheep
- we-stellify likes this
- lionheartedgirls reblogged this from itslikethatfrenchthing
- itslikethatfrenchthing reblogged this from johnquincyadams
- iamhazleweatherfield reblogged this from johnquincyadams
- inanimatehights likes this
- gromit-we-forgot-the-crackers reblogged this from shiteheadrevisited
- uglytshirt likes this
- morgaune reblogged this from shiteheadrevisited
- littlemusicboxx reblogged this from shiteheadrevisited
- shiteheadrevisited reblogged this from feministcrixus
- dlilturtle likes this
- yetanotherartblogon likes this
- abimused reblogged this from goldenisis
- adeleblancsec reblogged this from abluegirl
- toallthadreamers reblogged this from butwewereokay and added:
- isellwaresandwaresaccessories reblogged this from butwewereokay
- butwewereokay reblogged this from everythingbutharleyquinn
- captaingunn reblogged this from sagemaria