Stories like this need to be shared.
No, no. Absolutely not. I cannot leave this bullshit alone.
It’s so amazing that you are here because of your mother’s horrible experience and yet are not totally messed up because of it. That kind of strength is exceptional. I think we can all agree on this.
But no one thinks you’re better off dead, because you are a person. Your mother chose to give birth to you, and you’re here now. When you were a fetus, no one was going to ask your opinion, because you didn’t have one. The consequences of rape are never a blessing in disguise.
Do not assume that others in the same situation should tough it out like your family has managed to do. That is arrogant, narrow minded, and undermines the very real trauma that victims of rape experience.
Actually if you look at the negative of rape it’s going to get you nowhere. I found my husband because of what happened to me. He was there for me when no one else was and we ended up falling in love. Out of every bad situation comes good not everyone is so pessimistic about what happens to them.
I’ll try this again, because maybe I wasn’t clear.
If a person has the strength to make good after a situation like rape, they are the exception. You cannot tell just anyone, “Don’t worry too much about getting raped because something good will come out of it!”
One of my dearest friends was raped and ‘pessimistic’ is not the word I would use to describe how she feels about it. That is an extreme understatement. It’s years later, and if you ask her now, not a damn good thing happened to her as a result of some shit head violating her. Doesn’t matter that she’s in a healthy place now. Doesn’t matter that she doesn’t have any visible lasting trauma.
Not every one is so optimistic about what happens to them, nor should they be expected to be.
Being pro-choice in cases of rape won’t make people like the OP retroactively disappear. Your mother chose to have you, and that is great. People who are raped deserve a CHOICE in what happens to their body, particularly after what they’ve been through.
There are people who are alive today because of abortion. I know that sounds unlikely, but it’s true. Many people have written to me and told me that their mom was able to have them BECAUSE she had been able to get an abortion before. Does that mean you think they’re better off dead? No, of course not.
I’ve heard a lot of people say they’re pro-life because they were almost aborted. But that’s the thing: they weren’t aborted. Again, being pro-choice won’t somehow rupture the space-time continuum and make all of our mothers abort us. Your mother made a choice to have you. Doesn’t that make you feel a little more special than knowing she was forced to have you?
- xx-rapunzel-xx reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- heaven-kisses-earth reblogged this from waltzingwithangels
- waltzingwithangels reblogged this from findaroadtoahumbleabode
- deathbywhale reblogged this from in-pectore
- signum-crucis likes this
- in-pectore reblogged this from itsnotachoiceitsachild
- wafffur likes this
- thienkimnguyen reblogged this from theenglishbeat
- myblusheswatson reblogged this from strangeprofanity
- strangeprofanity reblogged this from thecatholicgirl and added:
- john-whom-jesus-loves reblogged this from onenationundergod
- john-whom-jesus-loves likes this
- whatisa-widget reblogged this from farfalladox
- kellierae reblogged this from iam3rd and added:
- thewaterthemountains reblogged this from midnightlunacy
- debrox likes this
- clumsyisanart reblogged this from boxlunches
- iggyfing likes this
- kcislost reblogged this from orchal
- orchal reblogged this from sword-meets-rose
- teddy-bear-bundy reblogged this from goonnigga
- thorgiofasgard reblogged this from gtfoyourcomputer
- megatronthenerdydecepticon reblogged this from myonlyfear
- gtfoyourcomputer reblogged this from awesomenadroj
- gtfoyourcomputer likes this
- mle92 reblogged this from myonlyfear
- myonlyfear reblogged this from heyggirlhey
- myonlyfear likes this
- wildflowersblossom likes this
- wildflowersblossom reblogged this from manysparrowsss
- teeenerr11 reblogged this from dicksantorum-2012
- 50shadesofgayxx reblogged this from spittingonpuppies
- spittingonpuppies reblogged this from misfit-t0y
- manysparrowsss reblogged this from heyggirlhey
- midnightbioshock likes this
- usapotterfan reblogged this from thankyousiralex and added:
- scarf-and-ink likes this
- eriedoodle likes this
- grimdarkvictoria reblogged this from boxlunches
- grimdarkvictoria likes this
- awakeohsleeper likes this
- gettothestabbing likes this
- calculationnation likes this
- doctorwatsonandmisterholmes likes this
- i-w3sl3y reblogged this from marianastrenchforeverxo
- i-w3sl3y likes this
- issybird likes this
- fezpeanut reblogged this from boxlunches